................fighting the bad fight since 135 BC................

Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Tea Party movement wants to know what you think of it

On one of my quasi-regular visits to the Fox News website, I came across the following ad:



At first I thought that the Yes/No thing was a put-on. I figured clicking anywhere would take me to the same page on the website being advertised. But it turns out I was wrong. Clicking on "No" takes you to this page, which I've screen captured in part below:



Nice to know that my vote was counted, though I don't exactly know who's doing the counting, or why.  And I guess I support "The Rule of Law", and have no problem with "Life, Liberty And Pursuit of Happiness".  Does that make me 28.57% Tea Partier?

Oh yes, and not to be picky, but there shouldn't be an apostrophe in "it's".

Now, clicking on "Yes" brings you to this page, which I've captured in part below:



Really guys, you don't need to Capitalize Every Word.  Interesting how Harry Reid and Barbara Boxer are mentioned -- I guess they've given up Christine O'Donnell's chances at getting a Senate seat in Delaware given her dismal poll results.  Can't win them all, I suppose.

So, what, do I give the site credit for its democratic approach to advertising? I guess so. But that website really needs work.

No comments:

Post a Comment